I'm a person with very vibrant emotions. I dream very vivid dreams with color and feeling. Last night I dreamed a few dreams...one of which was of me sitting in the back seat of a car with two men (neither of them I recognize now that I'm awake, but knew in my dream) and one of them kept poking me, hard, in the ribs and it tickled me. It was so hard in fact that I woke up with a start, thinking someone was poking me. No one was.
That dream really has nothing to do with this post. Except for the fact that when I think, dream, or feel something, I do it with lots of passion, emotion, color...nothing bland, dull, or passive.
This is exhausting. Seriously, exhausting. When I'm sad, I'm really sad. When I'm happy, I'm really happy. When I'm excited, I'm really excited. When I'm disappointed, I'm really disappointed. You get the picture.
Friendships...wow. When I get a friend I put my whole heart into it. I've figured out lately that this isn't the best idea. Boundaries. Setting healthy boundaries is important. Now, of course, it's good to open your heart to people. It shows the real you, helps create long lasting friendships, shows the person you're trustworthy (usually). But when you give someone your whole heart and soul, leaving nothing for yourself...you kind of lose yourself. You forget who you are. At least, I do. I've decided I need to learn how to moderate my feelings. It's okay to be passionate, to love fully, to open up. But I need to set healthy boundaries.
I'm tired of thinking so much. Tired of obsessing so much. Tired of having such STRONG strong emotions. I mean, emotions are good. I just don't want them to consume me anymore. I want to be physical. I want to do. I don't want my thoughts and obsessions to get in the way of my actions. I need to just GO and DO. A wise prophet talked about that...so it must be important. Here's to going and doing. I'm tired of being in my head so much.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment