Thursday, May 13, 2010

Room to create

I love when I get an idea and I can just run with it. It happens when I give myself time and space to create. When I'm just not thinking about anything else. It happened yesterday. It was a good feeling. This idea can be credited to a couple recent conversations, but specifically to one I had with Sister Fuhriman, the wife of my former mission president. Love her. It's so good to be able to call her up nearly two years after my mission (one of a couple phone calls in the past two years) and say, "I'm calling you because I need to talk to someone much older, wiser and more experienced than myself." Here's the rough but finished product.

Please excuse the fact that I look...less than decent. I went swimming tonight and never re-did my hair or makeup. :) Enjoy the nice piece of hair sticking straight up.



Fly

Sometimes I like to walk in bare feet
To let my skin feel the grassy sweet
But sometimes the sharpness of the rocks
Directs my path into a dead-end block

I need to learn how to fly

I've gotta just break free
From the ground underneath me
The thorns and rocks, well hidden they lie
I need to just jump up and get ready to fly

I need to learn how to fly

Feel the air carry me
And just let it all be
See life through the eyes of a child
Need to just enjoy the ride

I need to learn how to fly

Why do I try to control
Every little piece of my soul
It keeps on trying to escape my grasp
Of fear that's choking and holding it back

I need to learn how to fly

I can't keep draggin' myself down
Meanwhile dragging everyone else around
Let the Spirit fill my heart
And let everything else do its part

Feel the air carry me
And just let it all be
See life through the eyes of a child
Need to just enjoy the ride

1 comment:

Ryan the Man said...

Hey! I saw your blog address on facebook and decided to check it out. I didn't plan on commenting but I really liked that song and I had no idea you were that good on guitar. Hands down, you are definitely better than me (but that isn't really saying a lot, so I will just say that was really good). I hope all is going well for you, keep playing!

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates