Monday, June 28, 2010

Find What You're Looking For

Judging.

We all do it. I've judged people. I'm not proud of it. I try my hardest not to do it. I've been judged by people. It hurts.

The thing is, we just find what we're looking for in people. If we search for the bad, we're going to find the bad. If we search for the good, more often than not, we'll find good. I have a friend who's constantly saying, "You're good." Too often we consider ourselves as bad, or as others bad. We're good. We all have good. The old saying that goes something like, "You can't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes," is really true. In fact, usually when you do walk a mile in someone's shoes, you stop judging that person.

There are a few things about my life that not many people know. If people knew these things about me...who knows. I'd maybe lose a few friends. I know you're thinking, "Right Crystal. Whatever. What could you have possibly done that would make me judge you so harshly?" Well, all I'm saying is, we don't know what people are struggling with. We just don't. And it's just not wise to judge people, especially when we have no clue what they're going through.

Sure, there's always righteous judging. But, I believe that involves more of taking an accurate evaluation of a situation and deciding it's not the right thing for you to do, or be. It doesn't mean to look down upon other people for their actions.

I need to always remember the words I'm typing. So, I'm thankful for Amy Grant's song... I'm constantly listening to her, so I'm hoping I won't forget.

1 comment:

Miss Crystal said...

The other day, I was listening to the (only) Christian station here in Sac and they played a new(er) Amy Grant song called "Better than a Hallelujah" and I thought of you. :D

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates