Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's happening

I'm beginning to freak out about my future.

What am I going to do with my life? I've been going to BYU-Idaho for so long. Now I'm graduating. Should I look for a job in my field right away? Should I go to school part time while working? Should I take whatever the heck I can get at the risk of staying in it forever and never going back to school and never accomplishing my dreams? Should I just work for a little bit, then take out loans and go to school full time? I need experience; I do. But my ultimate goal is to get a Doctorate and become a professor. What if I can't find anything in the writing field? Everything wants two or more years of experience. I wish I had connections...someone to stick their foot in the door so I can pop my head in. I need advice, people. Please. Tell me what to do. I need wise, sound advice. I'm freaking out.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to smother my worries with Christmas festivities.
Aunt Nancy, Aunt Annie, Uncle Bob and I all got together the day after Thanksgiving and dipped close to 1,200 home made chocolates. Yes. TWELVE HUNDRED. The following pictures will give you just a glimpse of all we did.




And today, Grandma and I are gettin' our Christmas on by doing a little decorating.

Grandma, winding up her little musical friend.

Makeup-less me, trying to keep it together.

More festivities...and graduation to come. :) Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Neil and Courtney Anne said...

I vote working for a little while before continuing. You'll be a more effective teacher for the experience, and it's really rewarding to be in the working world, supporting yourself. If you're determined, school will still happen. (I would never say the same about undergrad, but grad school, yes.)

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates