This Christmas season has been much more about the Savior for me.
Reason #1: The Forgotten Carols. Beautiful. I've grown up with my mom playing the Forgotten Carols while she's cleaning/cooking in the kitchen. But honestly, I never caught the entire story before. Well, during my internship I had the chance to tag along with the cast, hang out with Michael McLean, get free tickets to the show, and help promote the tour. The lead singer of the show, Jordan Bluth, has his own Christmas CD out, and I've been listening to that NON-STOP, especially the Forgotten Carols songs he featured on the album. It's all really helped me focus on the Savior. Honestly...haven't really thought about gifts...lights...decorations...much at all this year. So thankful for the Forgotten Carols music.
Reason #2: Selfless acts of service done on my behalf. About a month ago I discovered a HUGE puddle of antifreeze under my car. Yep...bad leak. I have no money. I was freaking out. A family friend, Jeremy Anderson, fixes cars for a living. I spent Thanksgiving with his family, and he looked at my car that day. He gives me a diagnosis and says, "Bring it by the shop during my lunch hour." Yes, the man fixed my car during his lunch hour and only charged me the cost of the part...no charge for the labor. Can you believe that? I cried. I still tear up just thinking about it.
I have so much gratitude for really good people...and really good music. Happy Christmas!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment