Monday, November 22, 2010

Broken

I have a lot of thoughts swirling around in my mind right now, and I know I won't be able to get them across the way I want. But we all know I like to write and share thoughts...so, sorry if I'm unclear.

We all have things in our lives we're either afraid of, not proud of, wish we could get rid of...whatever. It may be a past sin, mistake, a current and constant weakness, or all of the above. I have mine.

I've been haunted by one or more of these for several years. Over the past year I've made a lot of progress in accepting myself, loving myself, and most importantly learning to trust God's love for me.

But, for some reason, to this exact day, when referring to these weaknesses, memories, mistakes...I act like it's something stuck on me. Something that has made me less of a person...forever.

As I talked with a friend today, I did this...I referred to myself as though I have a defect. Almost before I finished my sentence to the friend, she lovingly said, "Crystal, you're not broken. You need to know you're not broken. So don't act like you are."

Huh. That struck me. So hard that I had nothing left to say. In other words, Christ makes me whole. I'm not broken, and just because of a mistake or two or a million doesn't mean I'm broken. I'll be chewing on this thought for a while.

No comments:

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates