On Thanksgiving I wake up early and my mom and I participate in the ward Turkey Trot. I love my home ward. Then, I help with whatever isn't finished, family starts coming over, we stuff our faces...then take forever deciding what movie we want to go see as a family. After the movie, we come home for pie.
NOT this year. Tomorrow I'll be spending the morning here in Tooele...by my lonesome. Then, I'll drive an hour and a half to American Fork...the home of some dear family friends, the Andersons. I've never spent Thanksgiving with them before, so this will be a fun treat.
BUT, I miss my family. I wish I was with these people right now...
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, however, I'll say that I am very thankful for extended family and good friends close by to share this holiday with. I'm sure it will be great. AND I get to see my family in less than a month...and I'll be spending LOTS of time with them this winter. :) Happy day of Thanks!

1 comment:
AWE! As I was reading your post I thought that you were going to be home for Thanksgiving. I was excited to see you at the Turkey Trot this morning. Well, I'm glad you have people to share Thanksgiving with today, but know that you'll be missed!
Post a Comment