Thursday, February 3, 2011

Third: My parents

Madre. Love her. She knits the most amazing things (hats, sweaters, scarves, socks, ponchos...you name it, she does it) and cooks like a chef. She is warm, kind, tender, considerate, respectful, sensitive and understanding. She seeks to communicate openly...the apple doesn't fall too far from that tree. She sings like an angel. Wow...two cliches already. Anyway, she's my closest friend. I love spending time with her. She's usually the first person I go to...in person, phone call, text...when I have something I just have to get off my chest. We do have our misunderstandings at times, but we always work them out. If there was ever a person who wanted to get inside my heart and understand who I really am and love me for it, it's my mother. I appreciate her immensely.


Dad. Haven't seen him for a while, so I only know him from a child's perspective. But let me tell you what I do know. He worked hard for what he had. He believed in God and stayed worthy of His blessings. He loved me, Kayleen, Kevin and my mom a ton. He loved the outdoors. His job prior to getting cancer was working as a recreation manager for the military in Germany. He took the military men and their families on canoe trips, rafting trips, ski trips...all sorts. He LOVED football. He was a magician on the side...he'd get gigs doing magic at birthday parties and things like that. He was funny and very charismatic...knew how to entertain a crowd. I love him and miss the chance to know him now. I'm happy to know that chance will come, because I will see him again.



Chuck. Good man. Always ALWAYS looks at the positive. He has the attitude that things can always be worse, so he's thankful for what he has. Not afraid of getting down and dirty to get the job done. Very neighborly. He will help a neighbor out in a heartbeat...even if he barely knows the person. Extremely service oriented. He's always somewhere helping someone. He knows everyone in Oregon. Okay...maybe not everyone, but TONS of people. The man knows someone wherever he goes. And he can chat up a storm with a person he hasn't seen in several years. People don't have a hard time opening up around Chuck. He's the go-to guy at church...he's the go-to guy in the neighborhood because he's dependable. He doesn't talk much about feelings...or get very emotional, but he's always willing to evaluate a situation and apologize when he's in the wrong. That's commendable.

1 comment:

CarlaH said...

Heavenly Father sent you to me because He knew how your way with words could and would sooth my troubled heart. I love you!

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates