Saturday, February 19, 2011

Knocking on Death's Door


I had a near death experience tonight. In fact, I'm still suffering from the pain of it all. You see, I ate one of Salvador Molly's famous great balls of fire.

These balls of fire are so famous that the guy from the Food Network, the one who takes challenges to eat crazy things all around the world, has been to Portland's popular Salvador Molly's and executed the challenge of eating five in one sitting. If you can eat five in one sitting, you get your picture on the wall. And, for every fireball bought, the money goes toward heating a poor family's home.

So...I bought five...to share with the family for an appetizer. My mom, Chuck and Kayleen opted out. I ate one and Bobby ate four. I'm still in pain. Severe pain. From ONE fireball...made with habanero peppers.

I'm a person who enjoys heat. Everyone knows I'm the spicy girl...the girl who likes the sensation of a burning mouth. Nothing's ever spicy enough for me. Well this, my friends, is a different story. This fireball went to the pit of my stomach and decided to explode there. I am not kidding. I've never felt such pain, burning and...well...FIRE in my stomach before. I couldn't even eat my main course...had to put the entire dish in a to-go box. I'm in so much pain, in fact, that I couldn't even go into the grocery store with my mom and sister on the way home...I'm sitting in the car, very still, writing this blog about it... Oh. My. Word.

I nearly died. And Bobby nearly had his picture on the wall.

1 comment:

Sundy said...

Lol. You wrote about it perfectly. The entire meal in the to-go box. I'm sorry about the exploding pain in your stomach. The near death experience for you, the near wall experience for Bob.

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates