Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Song

So...my roommate, Stella, is forcing me to audition for Guitars Unplugged. GU is something BYU-I puts on, sort of like a talent show, but just with music. I've never tried out before. Several people have encouraged me to, but for whatever reason I just haven't. Well, Stella won't take no for an answer. She even signed me up to audition! So, I have a date and time set. I guess since I'm already signed up I'll go for it. But the thought kind of scares me...on many levels. Oh well. You only live once right?

So, what does this song have to do with GU? Well, I'm trying to pick a song to sing. I just finished writing this song, and I think it might be my best option. Most people performing in GU do covers of other albums... I'll be doing my own song, so I want it to be one people will enjoy the first time they hear it. Let me know what you think. :) I don't have a title for it yet.

Oh...and sorry for the messy bed behind me. :)



I’m just looking for a home
Some place where I don’t have to be alone
I’m just searching for a little belonging
Some place where I can sing

Cuz I----
Don’t want to cry----Anymore
I don’t want to cry anymore

There was once upon a time
When I felt our hearts were combined
And I felt so close to you
I knew exactly what was true

But I----
All I do is cry----Anymore
Oh all I do is cry anymore

Please take these fears away from me
Is it true that you are near even when I can’t see?
Oh please stay with me

I’m running to your arms
Trying to get away from harm
I just want to be loved
Please tell me I’m enough

Cuz I----
I don’t want to cry----Anymore
No I don’t want to cry anymore

6 comments:

The Dalton's said...

B-E-A-UTIFUL! You are so talented, Edna! It totally brought back memories from the mission of you singing. P.S. I still want copies of your CDs...:) GOOD LUCK!! You're gonna knock them dead!

Ashleigh said...

Oh Crystal, you really are so talented. You should definitely go try-out. You'd be awesome! I miss your face, lady.

Debbie said...

Great song! Good luck with the audition. If you weren't a little scared it probably wouldn't be worth the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I knew you could sing and play the guitar, but I didn't know you were that good! You are seroiusly awesome!

Eva Padilla said...

Just Lovely! !

Sundy said...

THIS is going to be purrrfect for GU. My congratulations in advance for what will be an astounding performance.

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates