Me: I can't seem to force myself to stay on top of things in school.
Other Me: Why?
Me: Because I'm lazy. That's the only answer.
Other Me: Is it possible for you to stay away from laziness?
Me: Yes.
Other me: How do you know for sure?
Me: I served a mission for the Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was not lazy during those 18 months.
Other Me: Well, why don't you just implement those mission tactics into your school routine?
Me: I don't know...I've asked myself that over and over again.
Other Me: Maybe it's because you don't like school as much as you like the Gospel.
Me: Probably...but that's kind of an excuse. It's true, the mission wasn't about me. It was the most selfless time in my life. Now, every thing's about me. It's annoying.
Other Me: Yeah, that's understandable.
Me: All I want to do is talk with friends, play my guitar and write songs. I really do like learning, but I just don't like applying what I learn.
Other Me: Is that really true?
Me: Ok, no. I do like the application. But for some reason I always put off the application, and then it turns into a nightmare instead of something fun.
Other Me: Well, you know you can fix it. So just fix it.
Me: Whatever.
If this post scares you...just imagine how I feel...
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You make me laugh, Crystal! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
Post a Comment