1)Today is my beautiful mother's birthday. I love her. She helps me feel happy, calm, and loved. I've never doubted her love for me, nor have I doubted her love for the Savior. She lives her testimony every day. When she prays it's as if Heavenly Father is in the room and she's talking to Him face to face. My mom is one of my best friends. I just love being close to her or hearing her voice. And when she sings...it's as if for a small moment the entire world disappears and you're listening to the truest, most sincere angel. Seriously...she has a beautiful and tender soprano voice. I've always wanted to be like her, ever since I was young. People constantly tell me I'm a "mini Carla" in looks and actions...and that's one of the best compliments I can receive. She's beautiful inside and out and I'm extremely blessed to have her as my mother and friend.


2)I entered the MTC 3 years ago today. Yep, 3 years ago I said "Happy Birthday Mom...see you in a year and a half!" Great Birthday present, I know. :) My mission was the best decision I've ever made. I've never been happier than I was on my mission. Giving, serving, loving, relying on the Lord...such beautiful experiences and opportunities. The MTC was a bit of a struggle for me. I remember feeling inadequate and afraid I'd fall flat on my face as a missionary. My weaknesses were all brought to the surface in those three weeks of preparation. But, I began to gain a closer relationship with the Savior while there, forced to rely on Him rather than myself. It was the start to the greatest journey I've made. I miss the mission...still. One and a half years later and I still yearn to go back to the South. We have such beautiful brothers and sisters down there... And not to mention, some pretty tasty food. :)

Ah, February 21st. I love this day.

2 comments:
Tender!!! I love the pictures you posted and how you ended with the Fuhrimans....I MISS YOU!!
You have written some amazing words about your mom. I would say the same about mine! You have become an amazing woman. I am so glad I get to get to read about it.
Post a Comment