Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm craving...

Sugar.

Specifically, chocolate covered raisins. I know. Weird. But I want a huge handful...really bad...right now.

Since starting the paleo way of living 2 months ago, I really haven't craved much junk food. It's really gotten rid of my sweet tooth. But, for some reason, I really want some chocolate covered raisins.

I listen to a podcast called "Latest In Paleo" and the host, Angelo Coppola, always says something that's really helped me think differently about food and about my body. He says if we give our body the nutrients it needs instead of all the junk, our body will give us something amazing in return. Freedom.

I believe it. As a Latter-day Saint I'm always hearing and learning how I need to give my spiritual self the nutrients it needs, abstain from the bad, and in turn, my spirit will be free from bondage. What makes my physical self any different? The Atonement of Jesus Christ covers me both spiritually and physically. My bodily habits are important and how I treat my body is important to God. I should treat it with the same care as I try to treat my spiritual self.

Thinking this way helps me fight the cravings...most of the time. :)

No comments:

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates