My favorite hymn...and of course, you can't go wrong with Amy Grant. :) I love her version of it.
This hymn recently directed me to John 15 in the New Testament...where I read how Christ refers to His apostles as His friends...and us as His friends. Verse 13 is one of many that uses the word "friends." "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." This, then, inspired me to give my talk in church (I was asked to speak about a recent scripture I had read) on how the Savior is our dearest friend and will be there when others may disappear. This is not to say we shouldn't make friends, and be good friends to those around us, but it is to say that Jesus Christ can be our friend, on a very real and personal level. I'm thankful for that.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment