Let's face it. My blog has needed a pick-me-up for a long time. That other template was just...blah. But, for the past two years I just haven't wanted to deal with a new blog template, because I felt like my words should speak for themselves. I also knew I'd be really picky about the look of my blog. So, I avoided it.
Well, my cousin Lacey is with me this weekend. And she agreed that I needed a new template. So, she took me on a template ride. Just as I was afraid of, it took me FOREVER to pick one. Why do I take it so seriously? I'm not sure. I'm thinking it has to do with image.
I have a really hard time with image. That's why I love writing so much. I feel confident and capable through words...especially the written word. But my image...I still feel like a child. I don't love makeup...I don't love dressing up...I don't love doing my hair. When I try to dress like an "adult" I'm always desperate for help from a sister, cousin or friend. I hate high heels...with a passion. And I feel like I'm playing dress-up when I try to dress in a suit outfit. So, I suppose my blog is the same. What template would really portray me? I settled on this "solitude" looking template, because it's how I feel when I write.
I want my image to be inviting. I want people to feel safe, secure and important when they're around me. I don't want people to feel insecure, stupid or vulnerable around me. What kind of clothes and style portray that? Goodness, if it took me forever to choose a new blog template, imagine how long it will take me to form my own self image. :)
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have trouble deciding what my blog should look like also. My solution is to change it often.
Your blog looks very nice. (:
Post a Comment