Thursday, April 14, 2011

Question

Does time really heal wounds...or does it just make you forget them?

This thought has plagued me lately...as a wave of old pain recently washed over me, making it seem like I was flung back in time...

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I think it's both, but it also depends on how you've dealt with whatever is plaguing you. If there was no closure, then it can creep back up and bite you later down the road. If there was closure, then I feel like over time, the pain lessens. It doesn't necessarily go away, but it lessens to the point that you can deal with it and be okay. What's goin' on sister? Do you need to chat?

Ryan and Hetz said...

hmmm good question. I think that over time you can see the blessing in the bad times so it makes you appreciate them. Does that make sense? You can see the growth in yourself through them or see the growth closer to your heavenly father. Somethings I think you can never really get over though.

Neil and Courtney Anne said...

Yes, I think life can give you new tools to deal with old problems. Sometimes, though, maybe a hurt needs to be dealt with head on before it can go away.

Crystal Noel Perry said...

Thanks for your thoughts, friends. I think you're all right. Sometimes we don't get the pleasure of getting the closure we want or feel we need...which then makes healing take longer... I believe that's where I'm at.

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates