is different than living in Portland, OR. For example, today, during my first day working at Deseret Book, that famous mormon actor, Kirby something or other, came in and did a signing for a couple of hours. While getting briefed over some procedures by the team lead, the supervisor comes in and goes, "Oh my gosh guys, Kirby so-and-so (I still can't remember his last name) is here!" Then she looks at me and is like, "Are you a Kirby fan?" And I'm like, "Kirby who?" She goes, "Kirby so-and-so...from The Best Two Years and the RM." "OH, I know who you're talking about now," I said. Then she and the rest of the girls in the store proceeded to giggle about him and how they're too nervous to talk to him. Sure, he's in a couple of movies...but it kind of amused me how EXCITED and GA-GA they were over this guy. Of course, I did get a picture with him. I mean, come on, I'm mormon, and he's a famous mormon, so why not? :) I'm happy to report that he's really nice and pretty darn funny. Working in Deseret Book is going to be fun.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Living in Utah...
is different than living in Portland, OR. For example, today, during my first day working at Deseret Book, that famous mormon actor, Kirby something or other, came in and did a signing for a couple of hours. While getting briefed over some procedures by the team lead, the supervisor comes in and goes, "Oh my gosh guys, Kirby so-and-so (I still can't remember his last name) is here!" Then she looks at me and is like, "Are you a Kirby fan?" And I'm like, "Kirby who?" She goes, "Kirby so-and-so...from The Best Two Years and the RM." "OH, I know who you're talking about now," I said. Then she and the rest of the girls in the store proceeded to giggle about him and how they're too nervous to talk to him. Sure, he's in a couple of movies...but it kind of amused me how EXCITED and GA-GA they were over this guy. Of course, I did get a picture with him. I mean, come on, I'm mormon, and he's a famous mormon, so why not? :) I'm happy to report that he's really nice and pretty darn funny. Working in Deseret Book is going to be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
KIRBY HEYBORNE? Yeah, he's awesome. He's hilarious and so nice, and I've never met him, so how do I even know any of this? I guess he LOOKS like he would be very funny and very nice. How awesome!
Not to be a downer, but Kirby Heyborne does beer commercials. That was my Utah encounter, watching a returned missionary promote beer. Sexy.
So, I have realized I sure acted like a squirrly girl. I hope you know I am bit more substantial that what you witnessed. First impressions are tough.... :/
Post a Comment