Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why do I cry?

Why do I cry everytime I'm mad?
Why do I cry whenever I feel the Spirit strongly?
Why do I cry when my feelings get hurt?
Why do I cry whenever I watch two people falling in love?
Why do I cry when I think about my mission?
Why do I cry when others are hurting?
Why do I cry when someone with powerful vocal chords is singing...even if the song isn't that special?
Why do I cry when I feel guilty?
Why do I cry when I'm excited?
Why do I cry when I serve or someone serves me?
Why do I cry when I see a brand new baby?
Why do I cry when someone tells me they knew my dad?

I am a very emotional person. Friday, I took the day off of work...both jobs. It was wonderful. During the morning I cleaned the house in preparation for my mom's surprise birthday party. During that process, I think I teared up a couple times just thinking of specific moments in my life. After cleaning, I watched Run Away Bride. Throughout that movie, I cried several times...none of which could really be defined as "sad" moments. But, for some reason, my emotions got the better of me and the story of two people falling in love made me cry. I cry all of the time. No matter what time of the month it is. :) Is that a bad thing? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But it's who I am. I cry in anticipation of Spiritual experiences. I cry in anticipation of special, happy experiences. I cry in anticipation of sad experiences. I don't even have to be experiencing them yet...just the anticipation moves me to tears. WOW. Why am I writing about this? I don't know. It's just been on my mind lately. I'm a very emotional person...a very "feeling" oriented person. And that's ok. And it's ok if people aren't. You don't HAVE to cry to feel the Spirit. In fact, sometimes tears can be misleading. Sometimes it's better not to cry when the Spirit is felt, because it's easy to confuse emotion and the Spirit. It's a good thing when people can express their feelings without getting so heated with tears. People can feel sad and sympathetic without tears. We're all different. We all have special, different, unique qualities. I'm emotional...some people aren't. And thank goodness. That's what makes the world go round.

3 comments:

Miss Crystal said...

Can I just say that I am jealous. I rarely cry and it's awfully painful. I've conditioned myself not to cry because I think it's something 'big kids' don't do. And I wish I hadn't. So you go right on ahead and cry your little eyes out, I'm sure it's a fantastic stress reliever! *This might sound like sarcasm, but I don't mean it to be sarcastic.*

Ashleigh said...

I think it's awesome that you are an emotional person. I sometimes feel dead inside and wish I could feel things stronger than I do. After having babies, it's made me more emotional, but I'm still not where I want to be. I wish I could feel something so deeply that it made me cry. I think it's great! P.S. Isn't the boy coming home in like a couple days? How are things going with that??

Amberly said...

Hi Crystal! I just found your blog. I love this blog post. It's so cute and honest. I wish we'd spent more time together as kids, but maybe I can get to know you a little better by watching your blog! You can find mine at www.beauandamberly.blogspot.com, but it's private so I'll have to send you an invitation. I'll get on that! See ya, Cousin!

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates