Do you ever feel like you're in one of those "blah" moods? Well, that's what I'm feeling right now. Just...blah. There's no other word for it. I have to work tonight from 11:00 p.m. to an unknown time (that's the beauty of working at the theaters...you never know when your shift ends) but it's probably going to be 2 or 3 a.m. Why? I have Twilight to thank for this lovely shift. Because of all those nutsos who insist on seeing the movie opening night, I get to work in the middle of the freaking night...and into the morning. Because, obviously, everyone knows that opening night is different than the rest of the several weeks it will be playing in the theater, right? WRONG. Nah...I understand the excitement of seeing something opening night when it's been anticipated for months. I stood in line for one of the Harry Potters and also one of the X-Men movies. Back then, however, I did not really realize the sacrifice the workers were making. :) But it's all good, right?
So, another funny thing. By the way, this post is not the least bit interesting, I'm just venting here. I was out of work for about 3 months. I finally found the movie theater job a few weeks ago, and was also hired to be the assistant manager for the Santa's photo booth in the mall. So...I went from ZERO amount of work for 3 months, to work EVERY day for the next month. Now, believe me, I'm thankful for the work; I really am. I'm just kind of dreading the fact that I won't have a single day off of work from now until after Christmas...not even Thanksgiving or even Christmas day itself. But...it's all good, right?
And what about this? I have college education. THREE years worth of it. Sure, I never got my associates...but only because I didn't apply for it. I have all the credits to qualify for it. I am going back as soon as I save enough money to get my self up and running again...in order to finnish and get my BA. But, don't you think that 3 years of college should get me something better than the movie theaters and santa's helper for now? I'm just a little confused by that. But again...it's all good. Hopefully I'll still have friends when I'm 62 and still working at the movie theaters...
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Crystal, I don't have your email address. Will you give it to me? I updated my blog. Check it out.
Donna
Would you give me Kayleen's too?
Post a Comment