Thursday, December 10, 2015

Selfish Thankfulness

Every week of my existence comes and goes, and every week, sometimes daily, I have this waive of relief wash over me that I am not alone in this spot of life. And then I feel bad and selfish, because I know that nearly every woman my age would prefer to be married with children...so I feel bad being thankful that they're around to keep me company. But what I truly feel thankful for is that God keeps putting people in my life who are walking the same path. So at the end of a hard day, I can go to my roommate's bedroom and say, "I just took half a sleeping pill to knock myself out...but before I hit the hay, can you give me a pep talk about life?" And she totally gets it and gives me exactly the pep talk I need.

I feel like moms get each other. I see it all over facebook. Someone complains about their 3 or 4-year-old throwing a tantrum or being too clingy, and other moms comment and say, "I've been there; you're not alone!" Thing is...there's more of you moms out there than there are of us 30+ single women. I thank God, I literally thank Him, that He keeps putting women in similar phases of life in my own life so I can get some support. You just don't get it if you're not here. I don't get your stuff...you don't get mine. We all need people who understand our stuff. Everyone deserves a little understanding and empathy

I just truly hope I don't wake up at 47 and still find myself in this boat. Because honestly, I'll probably be the only one left...and that is when it will feel incredibly lonely.

Today.... Thank goodness it's over.


1 comment:

Brenna said...

Love this Crystal! It's so important to have people "in our corner."

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates