Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happiness Jar



















This is my happiness jar. Sorry for the bad picture quality...my phone is on its last leg. Especially with me trying to use its navigational system in the rain. But anyway... This is my happiness jar.

I use it like a journal, but it's less pressure than a journal. It holds little notes of things that made me happy throughout the day. I started doing this last week at work, but I didn't have a jar, so I just filled a coffee hot chocolate mug with the notes. I found some time to make a jar last night, and I get happy just looking at the jar. I love my happiness jar. :)

I got the idea from Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat Pray Love. I follow her on Facebook, and she's constantly posting pictures of different happiness jars, jars that her fans have made after Elizabeth announced she was going to make and use one.

Obviously, in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we're taught to keep journals...journals of blessings and gratitude, and spiritual happenings in our lives. I used to keep journals...I have books and books filled up from my elementary, middle school, high school and beginning of college days. But for the past few years, I've found keeping a journal to be really overwhelming. Trying to write down every detail of the day...or every thing I felt...it just got to be a lot of pressure. I always feel like I have to sound brilliant...or really deep when trying to fill a book of blank pages with my life.

I do not, however, feel pressure with my happiness jar. And what I notice is, A LOT of things bring me happiness. And I don't have to use big words or lengthy sentences to explain those things. I can just jot a little note and I'm good to go. Love it. I'm excited to fill the whole jar up and then go back through and read them all. THEN maybe I'll paste them in a book, and fill the jar up again.

Yay for journaling in our own ways. :)

2 comments:

Miss Crystal said...

Yo! Did you delete your Facebook? I wanted to question you about your Paleo diet and how hard/easy it is to live on while on a skimpy budget. Hit me up sometime, email, texty text, etc. :)

Teacherheart said...

Don't quote me on this (and don't question me on it, either)... but I think I remember having a moment of realization that something about you was just a little different than it had been. I don't remember WHEN I had that moment... but something tells me that it may have been after you started your happiness jar. What a wonderful thing! I love you, My Happiness (jar)!

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates