Allow me to invite you into my past.
As I've stated before, many times, my dad died when I was young. So, I grip onto memories and things that remind me of him very tightly.
This is one thing that makes me think of him. The Simpsons. I don't watch the Simpsons. I've probably seen 3 episodes in my entire life. It's just never drawn me in like other shows often do. The CD "The Simpsons Sing the Blues" does draw me in, however. My dad introduced this then-tape to my sister and me when we were just teeny little children. We LOVED it, and so did he. I now have a CD, but the tape we had back then was played many many times. In fact, when I was about 5 years old, I thought it would be fun to put it into my little recorder and record over it, on this specific song, just to show how good I was at memorizing songs. So, part of the way through "Deep Deep Trouble" Bart cuts out, and I start singing. It's great. Then, Kayleen and I start singing a New Kids On The Block song. Then one of my parents finds us, I say "Oh no!" and the tape goes back to Bart to finish off the song. It's seriously a great treasure.
But anyway, here's the song. A song that lunges me back in time. Back when I was 5 and my dad was alive.
If the song offends you...take it up with my dad in the next life. :)
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment