I have no better title in mind right now. Hence, "Blog update."
Sometimes, I sit at work and think about things I could write about. I have several blog topics running in and out of my head all day long. But then I get home and just don't write about them.
One is how I HATE using public restrooms when other people are using them. It's basically sharing a very private moment with complete strangers...or even worse, people you kind of know and have to talk to every day, but don't care to know better than the 'work setting.' Why must I be forced to pee in front of someone else? "Well, there are stalls," you say. Right. Stalls. Stalls don't mean squat to me. They do nothing for me. I might as well be peeing right in front of you. Anyway, I wasn't going to use this post to talk about my hatred towards public restrooms. I could go on and on about it. Like why people feel the need to have conversations on their cell phones in the bathroom...while I'm in a stall trying to go. Or why people feel they can bring their ten-year-old son into a women's public restroom. Or how I especially hate when you're in there with someone else who is "shy" in public restrooms...and you both just sit there...for what seems to be hours, waiting for the other to go, flush and leave before you let yourself go, but instead, you both just sit there...and it's awkward. Until FINALLY, one of you flushes, without going I might add, and leaves. Oh I hate using public restrooms. It causes major problems for me at work. Anxiety to the extreme.
Anyway...I've come up with a new idea for a book. I REALLY like this idea. I'm actually coming up with so many ideas that I might be able to make a whole book of book ideas. I've started writing one, but I'm excited for this new idea.
It's going to be another nonfiction one...journalistic style...about outcast mormons. "Outcast mormons" may come off as sounding harsh...it's just a title I have in my brain at this moment. I'm not sure how else to sum up my idea into a simple phrase. I'll work on it...and get back to you.
This has been brewing for a few weeks now. It started with an idea I got while imagining my trip back to the South (taking place two weeks from today.) I'm going to stay with this couple, the Akers, for one night while I'm there. Brother Aker has an amazing conversion story...and an amazing testimony. I want to interview him. You see, he's black. And he joined the church BEFORE black men were able to hold the priesthood. But he still believed, and he had faith he would one day be able to receive the priesthood. Anyway, I want to interview him.
This got me thinking about all the people in the church who, you'd think might want to leave the church because of all the odds against them, yet they stay because they know the gospel is true. There are all sorts of examples. And I want to tell their stories.
Okay. That's all. This post is obviously not an update about my life. Which is why I didn't title it "life update." Sorry if you're disappointed. My life is pretty darn boring at the moment. But the things that go on inside my mind...exciting. :)
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was hoping you'd say you were going to write a book about public restroom etiquette... :) But, I like you're idea much better. A lot classier than potty talk!
Post a Comment