First day of the internship today. Fun stuff.
I never get good sleep the night prior to something big and new the next day. I definitely didn't get great sleep last night. This morning I felt like I'd throw up. My face did that weird thing it does when I'm nervous...it twitches...while I'm talking to people. Nice. But, luckily it wore off. :)
My mentor is awesome. He's so funny. My department seems awesome...really fun, funny and friendly. I had an internship orientation along with some other interns in different departments. I have to admit, I secretly thought mine was the coolest and the most fun. This is the perfect thing for me. The other interns were for publishing/editing and graphic design. I'm sure they think their department is the best...but seriously. Music and movies? I get to see how it all goes down. How stars get promoted. How Deseret Book works with stars outside of Shadow Mountain Music. I mean...seriously people. It's awesome.
I did some easy stuff today. Production things...putting CDs together. But soon I'll be writing up press releases for some up-coming CDs. Exciting stuff.
I'm tired. Really tired. And I got lost on my way home from work. Well...I didn't get lost...I just missed my exit and then tried to find a different way home...but couldn't figure it out, so I had to turn around. It took 40 extra minutes and quite a bit more gas than I'd hoped to use today.
I miss Rexburg. I miss it so much. It's been my most stable home since I graduated high school in 2003. Maybe I'll become a professor and teach at BYU-Idaho some day. :) I love it so much. Seriously. Love it.
Ah Deseret Book. I love it too. :)
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow--that sounds like a Crystal-crafted internship all the way. Who knew? Oh, just the One who knows the beginning from the end and visa versa.
I'm sorry to lol about your taking the wrong exit but I have TOTALLY done that at G and G's before. Frustrating :( No bus?
Congrats!
Post a Comment