Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good things are happening

I'm really enjoying life at the moment. I love how up and down my postings are... :)

Even with the little copyright fiasco, life was pretty good. I just let my thoughts get out of control sometimes. And sometimes that's ok. And on a side note...I'll never understand why the word "ok" has to be capitalized. OK? Why? I don't get it...it looks weird. Anyway...

Amy Grant, my lifelong pal, is coming out with a new CD on March 30th. It's her first new music in 7 years. I graduated high school 7 years ago. Goodness. I'm super excited. A couple of her new songs are available on her website, and I believe I've listened to them each about 234 times. Maybe more. My roommates are starting to glare at me. :) But hey...it's Amy. Not Lady Googoo...or whatever. One of the songs is a duet with her 18-year-old daughter, Sarah. Sarah sounds like Colbie Caillat. It's called "Overnight." I'm obsessed.

I love the freshness and exploration of a new friendship. I absolutely love it. I love it when someone will let you in. I love mutual respect and trust. I love the uniqueness of each friendship. No friendship is the same. I'm experiencing the pleasure of a new friendship right now. Beautiful.

Sister Hansen's letting me write for the Farmington, UT Newsletter. My first article was quite the process but a great learning experience. I'm so blessed to be having these experiences.

My mom and sister came to visit. I love them. They bring me peace and joy. So much joy. I just love them. I love how we love each other. I love how we interact. I trust them. They make me happy. I love how my sister will do something for me, like go to a class that she's not interested in, just because she knows I really want her to come and it's important to me. I love how my mom actually went to every single one of my classes, enjoyed them, and actually likes being a part of my life. Tender times.

Well, I have 7:00 a.m. class in 20 minutes, so I'd better go. Good things are happening. Go buy Amy's CD. Or at least check out her new songs on her website..."Better Than a Hallelujah" and "Overnight." Pure bliss.

2 comments:

Sundy said...

K. I'm sold.

Not just Kolby-like, but richer, lower, more causal, cool, and spot on, that daughter of hers.

I am thrilled for Amy, for her daughter Sarah, and for you!

Eva Padilla said...

I am so happy for you girl! I miss you.

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates