Monday, January 4, 2010

Change



Three of these girls are gone. I came back to an apartment without Ariel, Ashley and my precious Naomi! Ariel and Ashley are the top two, and Naomi, my old room roommie, is the one to my left. Anita and Brenna (the two on each end) are still here, THANK GOODNESS...but can I just say...change is REALLY hard for me. This feeling of emptiness and withdrawals for these girls is taking me back to my mission days. I remember getting so attached to my companion, and then BAM. They were gone...ripped away from me. It's hard! Naomi and I got so tight last semester. I was super super blessed to have her as a roommate...we became such great friends that now I feel as though someone's cut off my right arm or something. Blah...not a good feeling. Oh well...life does go on right?

BUT....I really like my new room roommate! Her name is Stella. We've only spent a little bit of time together, but we've already shared our whole life stories with each other. I'm thinking it will be great!

2009 is gone. Not much to say on that. The beginning of that year was not the best I've ever had. I had thought I'd be married by the end of 2009...moved to Utah...had my heart ripped out and stomped on...took time to let it heal...and then made the greatest decision to return to BYU-Idaho. I've met a lot of people, learned a lot of lessons, felt a few new feelings, and gained many new long lasting friends. I've made a few resolutions...but I wouldn't say they're New Year resolutions because they're the same flippin' resolutions I make every other week. 1)Go to the temple MUCH more 2)Read my scriptures MUCH more 3)Snack on carrots and cut the crap 4)Work out MUCH more Yep...pretty much the same darn things I've been repeating to myself over and over again my entire life. Maybe I'll make it stick this time. :) Let's hope...

1 comment:

Eva Padilla said...

I know the feeling... The having your arm cut off thing... I don't want to talk about it =]

And you can so stick to those resolutions girlfriend! FO SHO!
Good luck this semester!

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates