While reading for my New Testament class I came across this verse.
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
I really like this scripture. In fact, I love this scripture. I've never read or heard it before, but I believe there is so much truth to this. How can those around us truly, with real faith, pray for us unless we humble ourselves enough to open ourselves up and admit our weaknesses, short comings, and hardships? How can we faithfully pray for others we don't know anything about? I'm not saying we HAVE to know every trial or weakness a person experiences in order to pray for her/him, but knowing would make it even more meaningful. Obviously, in order for this to work, pride needs to be eliminated completely, on both parts. Wow. I really love this scripture.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow. I like that scripture too. I've never seen it either. Thanks for putting it up. :D
Effectual. . .I love that word--one of it's definitions means "to bind"--we can be bound together as we forgive and strengthen one another through our prayers. Happy about it.
Post a Comment