Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Different Roads

I wrote a new song a few weeks ago, inspired by my persuasion class. I've learned a great deal from this class, specifically the importance of understanding people's points of view in order to really understand and express my own views. This isn't always easy to do, but if we can come to some kind of common ground with our "enemies" then maybe they'll no longer be our enemies, but rather our siblings just choosing a different path.

My roommate knocked on the door right as I was finishing the song...so sorry about the interruption. :) I don't think it's as good as my last song, but it always feels good to create something new.



Take a good look at me
and tell me what do you see
Now that you have realized
I can see things through your eyes

Let's take each other by the hand
I'll meet you on the common land
I'll take you for a safe ride
I promise I won't leave you; I'm here by your side

Chorus:
And did you know
We can love each other
Did you know
You are my brother
Did you know
I've walked a little in your shoes
We just choose to walk different roads

So let us please open our ears
So maybe we can really hear
And start listening
And stop all this pretending

Chorus

We don't have to see eye to eye
to know we both live human lives
I know you share some of my fears
While I shed a few of your tears

Chorus

4 comments:

The Ulrich Family said...

Hey sister I dig the song. You're so talented. I miss your face every day. Can't wait till you come home for christmas. :) LOVE YOU.

Ryan and Hetz said...

Wow! You amaze me...also I was sitting here listening to it and Ryan said, "Good!" and started nodding his head to the music. I said "this is Edna!" and he said no way!!! She is so good.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, Crystal. I love it so much. Inspiring... hopeful...hits me dead center. Thanks for sharing it. Truly.

The Dalton's said...

Look at you jammin' out!! You are so talented, do you realize that? I wanna come to your first concert.

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates