I'm just a little disappointed. Let's face it; I grew up on television. Yeah, I played outside as a kid, took music lessons, yada yada yada...but I always loved T.V. and my family always had cable. Yes, I was a priveleged child...or spoiled, however you want to look at it.
The Disney channel was the "it" channel in my home. We LOVED it. I mean, come on...feel good shows with NO commercials. It was amazing! Here are a list of the old shows we were so in love with.
*Micky Mouse Club (M-I-C "C" ya real soon, K-E-Y "Y?" Because we like you, M-O-U-S-E!)
*Road to Avonlea
*Adventures in Wonderland
*Ready or Not
*Torkelsons
*Ocean Girl
*Donald's Quack Attack
*Under the Umbrella Tree (my guilty pleasure for a LONG time...three mupets and a real woman)
*Kids Incorperated
Now, not only are they LAME shows...but there are commercials! Ugh. Here's what the years 2000 and on brought us.
*Even Stevens (the only good one!)
*Lizzie McGuire
*That's so Raven
*Hannah Montana
*Jonas
And whatever else there is...I'm just not as up on Disney because they all bore me to tears.
Also...remember back in the day when a new Disney movie would come out every year? I looked forward to that every year...and kids these days are getting jipped. Sure, there's the DreamWorks stuff...not bad, but what about good ole fashion Disney? Beauty and the Beast, Aladin, The Little Mermaid, Lion King, Lady and the Tramp...man, I miss the stuff you could sing along with. I feel bad for my future kids.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My little sister wants NOTHING to do with the classic Disney movies. And here I thought having her around would be a great excuse to watch them... So the kids just don't want that stuff anymore (or they are indoctrinated by Hannah Montana) and it's tragic. BRING BACK BRITNEY SPEARS ON THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB!!
Amen sister-friend! Good memories of Kid's Incorporated and the Torklesons!!
Post a Comment