I made the following recipe up...randomly. I do that often. But this was good, to my taste buds anyway.
Need:
2 Chicken breasts
1 Onion, sliced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
Italian seasoning (I honestly don't know how much I used)
Salt (same as the Italian seasoning)
1/2 C. Sun dried tomatoes
1/4 to 1/2 C. Artichoke Heart OIL (as in, the oily sauce that they marinate the artichoke hearts in...I use Costco brand)
1/2 C. Sauerkraut
Pour the oily liquid into a skillet along with garlic. Get it hot. Add Chicken. You can cut the chicken up, or you can keep it whole. I usually keep mine whole, but it depends on how fast I want it to cook. Add onion and tomatoes after the chicken's been cooking a little while. Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and salt. I probably used between 1 to 2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning...maybe more. Depends on my mood. :) Sate all of that together for...I don't know. 10 to 15 minutes maybe? Again, it will go faster if you cut up the chicken. Turn the heat to medium low, cover skillet with lid and let it all simmer up into a sauce type thing. Make sure the chicken is cooked through. Once cooked, add Sauerkraut right before you eat it.
YUM. Call me crazy...but YUM.
You could also add some chopped up artichoke hearts if you want. But those are some of my favorite things in the world, so I often have leftover oil with no hearts to actually use, because I've already eaten them all. :)
Let me know if anyone actually tries this. Maybe I'm just a wacko that likes crazy combinations. Or maybe, just maybe...I created a masterpiece! ;)
Friday, May 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This sounds delicious!
I don't know how I feel about that, but I know the boys would LOVE it. Will definitely add to my recipes. :)
Post a Comment