Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Still going...an update on going paleo

Once upon a time, I planned to create a paleo blog. I did create it, but I never kept up with it. The blog, that is. I did keep up with the paleo lifestyle, however. It was NOT a fad.

It's been over a year since I took the paleo 30 day challenge, and decided to incorporate it into my every-day life. And it's been a year, this Saturday, since I wrote this blog post.

I've actually stuck with it, people. Why? Because it's a lifestyle. Seriously. It's not a fad diet. I haven't posted progress 'til now due to that very reason. It's not a fad diet. Therefore, I have not lost the weight quickly. It's taken time. And, I still have plenty to go, but I'm sure it will come off in another year...and I'm just fine with that. Oh...AND, I walk alot. And once in a while, I do some body weight stuff.
I'm about 35 lbs down...give or take. I've got a few "then and now" pics for you. (Not before and after...because I'm still going...so, after what?)
I've got at least 40 more to go, so here's to another year!

3 comments:

The Dalton's said...

You look FANTASTIC!! Such an inspiration! Way to go!

Jenn said...

Yay Crystal! I'm happy for you! A big part of me wants to go vegetarian (which I know is nothing like paleo), but I have a motivation problem. Any tips you can share for starting a new lifestyle, but more importantly, sticking to it, like you have?

Crystal Noel Perry said...

Jenn, I'd say a big part of why I've succeeded in sticking to this is education. I educated myself daily on what I was getting myself into. I'd listen to podcasts and read blogs about this lifestyle....so I really began to internalize the benefits and reasoning behind cutting certain things out of my diet. Instead of seeing certain foods as something that would make my taste buds happy, I started seeing them as dangerous things that could harm my body.

So, education...it takes some time, but it worked for me. The other thing is, with such a huge change (as paleo or vegeterian can be for some people), you have to be super prepared around meal time. For paleo people, we can't really fall back on boxed items for dinner. We mostly cook everything from scratch. So have your absolute favorite go-to recipe blogs and books, and make sure you'll always have those things on hand. If I didn't do that, I'd fail and go for something quick and easy. :)

Good luck!

Quotes

 

A look inside my mind | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates