Here are some good things that have been happening.
*I was accepted to Journalism Grad program at Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies. I was supposed to start in January, but I deferred to May.
*Two weeks ago I was at my lowest weight since I started my weight-loss journey, with a total of 21 lbs down, but I unfortunately gained 4 lbs over the grad school celebration and Thanksgiving festivities. BUT, I went jean shopping yesterday and I'm nearly down 2 pant sizes. "Nearly" means that one size down is too loose, but two sizes down is a bit snug. :) I think the snugness will go away soon though. I'm pleased with my progress. :)
*I'm following through with my plan to throw a "feed the homeless" birthday party. It's going to be great. I haven't been this excited for my birthday in YEARS.
*A friend of mine won tickets to a private Snow Patrol concert and she invited me to go with. It was super fun. I got to shake the lead singer's hand and sit super close while they were singing. I even won some prizes while I was there. :)
*We got our Christmas tree yesterday. It's a skinny one...and I like it!
*I was able to spend 4 days in the snow with my entire family. It gave me time to reflect on my life and my gratitude for my family and my past experiences. I love all of the people God has allowed me to get to know over the years.
*I love Christmas...and it's Christmas time. :)
So, while life is hard...there are plenty of little good things happening in my life every day.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Crystal,
You rock. Seriously, you are an inspiration to me. The goodness of your heart just emanates through practically everything you do. I wish I could be more like you. I how things continue to thrive as they appear to be doing. :)
Congrats!! That is awesome! I've heard that campus is beautiful!
Post a Comment