I'm a bit frustrated right now.
At this specific moment in time, I don't know what to do about it. So, I'm venting on my blog.
I can't find the title to my car. I own it. I bought it 2 years ago.
My plates are not current...they expired about 2 months ago. I didn't realize this until recently because...well, it's a long story.
So, I took my car in to get checked and registered, but I realized I needed to register it in Oregon because that's where I live now. (I bought the car in Utah and re-registered it in Utah last year.)
They can't register it without the title.
I don't know where my title is. Why? Because I'm irresponsible. In my defense, I know nothing about cars. I bought the car after my mission, right when I moved to Utah. I'm sure Chuck told me not to lose that piece of paper, but I don't remember. I do remember having it for a long time...keeping it in a box of a bunch of other loose papers that were important for one reason or another.
I've hauled that box around with me to many different places.
I can't have been stupid enough to throw that piece of paper away, because it's thick, and colorful and has important information on it.
But I can't find it.
When I came back home, my mom and I went through my stuff and downsized, repacking things. I've been through the "things" and still can't find it.
It takes forever and a day...plus money to get another copy of the title. Meanwhile, my temporary license is almost up. You're allowed two temporaries in a year...but what if I buy a new car before the year is up...and I need the second one then?
Or, what if I can't get a copy of the title before the second one runs out?
I need my car. I work. I need to drive to work. But I don't want to get pulled over for having expired license plates. I prefer not to brake the law when at all possible.
So, I'm frustrated. And at this point, I just don't know what to do, because I seriously couldn't have been idiotic enough to throw my title away, so it HAS to be somewhere. But where? And maybe I am idiotic enough...because I really had no clue how important it was anyway. I know...dumb. But I'd never owned something that grand before. Prior to that, I would just buy something, and it would be mine. The end. No proof needed.
Well, now I need proof. And I don't have it.
Blah.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When you find it or this situation resolves, at least you get to get rid of your Utah plates...I wish I still had my Texas ones. :) Good luck! It will work out!
Post a Comment