"As today’s American culture continues to create a sex driven atmosphere, influencing the thoughts and behavior of young people throughout the country, we must keep the safety and needs of our youth at heart..." blah blah blah. What I'd like to know is whatever happened to my Saturdays? Instead of being mine, they've been turned over to the towering piles of school work that supposedly prepare me for my future career.
Saturday is no longer a day of play, but instead I use it as a day to swim to the surface for a few breaths of air only to be shoved back under the water for the next 6 days until the next Saturday rolls around. My lung capacity has expanded, with all the work that seems to come my way Monday through Friday, but no time to complete it during those days. Thus, here I am, at the library, on my ex-play-day to write an extremely intense persuasive paper on the pros and necessity of comprehensive sex education. This topic has consumed my brain for the past...FOREVER. Last Saturday was devoted to researching and writing a 5 page OUTLINE for the debate I had to perform on Monday covering this topic. Today is lovingly devoted to the 2,000-3,000 word paper on the same subject. My outline for this topic alone was over 1,000 words. I'm not too worried about the length of my paper (in all reality, 2,000 words is not that long,) but more about the quality of my writing. I haven't written a complete persuasive/research paper in YEARS. I wouldn't be too terribly worried except for the fact that I really enjoy this class and appreciate the teacher, therefore I want to do my absolute best.
Anywho...there goes my Saturdays from here on out. No more playing for me. Luckily I enjoy writing and hope to do it professionally one day, so I guess I'd better get used to this. :)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're my hero.I totally feel you on this Saturday biz. But! The semester's closer to being over than at the beginning! I just remind myself of all the glorious things I will be doing when that time comes along... :D Good luck with your paper!!
Post a Comment