
Well well, here goes nothing. I miss my mission with every fiber of my being. I had a purpose, I was needed, I was loved, I had nothing to worry about besides loving, and I worked for Jesus Christ. I love the South and the beautiful people who reside there. They have such a strong love for Jesus Christ with a foundation that wants to be solid but can't quite get there, like wet sand...it's hard while wet, but will dry eventually, and when it does, it becomes un-predictable. I loved adding to the light these people already had. I loved wearing the Savior's name on my name tag. Not because I had to wear it in order to be a representative of Him, but because it was an outward reflection of my inner devotion. I loved the beautiful people I served with. They were like me, but different. Out there serving their master...all with different lives, different stories, brought together by the same common desire and love. I learned so much from these people. Each one taught me something unique. One taught me unconditional love. One taught me trust. One taught me endurance, and one taught me humility. One taught me optimism. One taught me beauty in simplicity. One taught me patience while another taught me the joy service can bring. I learned from those I taught. I learned that to truly love and give, you can't hold back, but you have to be willing to give your heart away, realizing it might get stomped on. I miss the thunder and rain stroms...big charcoal clouds rolling in, only to unleash a 10 minute waterfall and then roll out again. I miss the churches on every corner...and seeing the Savior's name everywhere, on bank signs, store signs, gass stations...everywhere.
Now I am home...being Crystal again. No longer Sister Perry, but Crystal. I may not have the nametag, but I still have the devotion.

3 comments:
HOORAY! I'm so glad you've entered the blog world. And I'm so sorry I haven't called back yet. This BEAUTIFUL little girl of mine keeps me busy. I will call soon! I love you...come look at our blog. www.drewandhailey.blogspot.com
Oh my! I'm just Crystal too! Crazy!! ;) On the real though, it's good that you miss the mission and just don't take that for granted. Right when I came back, EVERYTHING reminded me of my mission. Now, it's few and far between. It's sad. Don't get me wrong, I do miss it and I wish I could go back (and change a lot of things). You're on your way to do big things! You're great!
Yes, you have devotion. A whole heck-a lot of it, too. I am so glad you are Crystal and that you are back.
Post a Comment